Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

All Wrapped Up!!!

Hello crafty friends: This week over at RETRO RUBBER  it's Halloween time!!! One of the most fun Holidays in the year so, we want to see your spooky, bewitching, mummylicious creations on our gallery.  I dug deep into my stash of Halloween stamps and found this one from Whipper Snapper called Mummy Cat, I just love this "spooky" half wrapped mummy kitty, I've had this stamp for at least 5 years.


I stamped the image onto a piece of Canson water color paper and made a mask of the moon, so I could sponge the sky with Broken China distress ink. I colored him with SU markers and an aqua painter, adding some Wink of Stella to the ripped strips of cloth. The big bat on the cat's tail is from the bargain bin at my local craft store, the flying witch is punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
I die cut the frame with the Fleur the Liz die set from Spellbinders.  The ghosts are stamped onto Tracing Paper with Dove Gray Stazon and then fussy cut, it was a bit hard to do this since this paper is super thin but I wanted them to look ethereal and I think I accomplished this. Here is a closer look.


I can't help but smile at this "frightening" scene.
***************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and the spider webs are from Inkadinkado and they've been in my Halloween stash for at least 5 years. 
Here is our banner to get you in the mood, we can't wait to see your cards in the gallery.
RRCB 49

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Animal Friends Challenge #43, Halloween/Autumn. Must have an animal.
Just for Fun Challenge October challenge "Halloween"

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #118 Halloween/Autumn.
Paper Creators Challenge "Anything Spooky"

Paradise of Stamps Challenge #49 "Halloween/Autumn.
Scrap N" challenge September Challenge "Halloween"
Scrap from your Heart #2 "Halloween"

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






23 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Great scene building with your moon mask! Love the black die cut really cute card!

Loose Stitches said...

Adorable card! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create challenge. We hope to see you again. ~DT Sherry x

Jolanda's Blog said...

Lovely card. I like the frame and the embellishments.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Let’s Craft and Create Good luck!!
Jolanda
(DT member)

Jytte said...

Oh, this is such a cute halloween card!
Love the funny image :)

Thank you for joining us at Scrap from your Heart.

Jytte, DT :)

Andrea W said...

The die cut frame is awesome and I love the cute mummy cat image. Fun Halloween card!

Dreja said...

Die Karte ist echt klasse. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den AF.
LG Dreja

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great card, inside and out! I love all the halloween images and the bold colors!

TFS! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog
JFF Design Team

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Maria! I saw this at Retro Rubber and just had to come take a closer look. It's so dang cute! Love the WS image and your ghosts are amazing. Dang, I thought I was done with Halloween cards, but maybe one more from the oldie stash...

Brian King said...

Absolutely adorable, Maria! What a cute image - and your coloring (as always) is spot-on.

LeAnne said...

LOL...fun, cute image and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for asking me to be the GD this week! Always love what your team has to offer!

Mary Fish said...

This kitty made me laugh out loud. Darling card!

Katy McGloin said...

Marie, you might try to make a scary scene but your images are always so darling. Great coloring (as Brian said, per usual!) and so much fun!!! I have the Martha Stewart witch punch and never use it anymore. But too cute to give up! Well done, teammate!!

Neva Cole said...

Wow! Love all the layers and attention to detail in the fun card. We had the same idea for a cat and a moon scene and yet they are so different!

creative lady said...

Marie, your card is so adorable. The cat wrapped up in the bandages is priceless!

Kuni said...

Stunning halloween card.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing with us at the Scrap N' Challenge ^_^

April said...

This is such a cute and fun card. What a great scene you created! Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge! We hope to see you again.

Selene said...

Beautiful card with really great coloring :)
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends Challenge.
Selene

Debbie Mageed said...

I got a cute image in my mind when I saw your card, Maria. I had recently seen a video of a cat emptying a toilet paper roll and I think your kitty had joined him! LOL Your card is the perfect Halloween card - cute and perfect to display for the season. Love it!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! First I love your blog pic - you look about 30! Your cards always amaze me - true artistry at work - and this one is no exception! Beautiful coloring! Simply wonderful!

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, love the blog pic!!! I love this card, that cat image is hilarious and beautifully coloured as always. I love that lattice background, perfect fit for a halloween card. Cx

Christine Traversa said...

This cat is cute! Adore the colors you have used! What an outstanding card! ❤️

Astrid said...

Thanks for joining in our challenge at Scrap From
Your Heart with your beautiful creation :-) Good Luck !!

Hugs, Astrid DT