Followers

Monday, March 12, 2018

Twofer Fun.....

Hello dear blogging friends: You must know by now that there is a fabulous new challenge out there in blog land called the TWOFER CHALLENGE created by the fabulously talented Darnell Knauss, this challenge really makes you use your imagination to come up with two cards that are completely different using the same stamp or die.  This is what I created, hope you like them.


The pansies on the left and the butterflies on the right are made with the Butterfly Punch that coordinates with the "Flight of the Butterfly" stamp set, here is a picture to spark your memory.

Stampin Up Flight Of The Butterfly and punch

Anywho, the first card was made following THIS TUTORIAL I found on Pinterest, super fabulous how you can actually make this Pansies with this punch. 
I just sponged some Concord Grapes distress ink on each of the "Petals" that I punched from yellow card stock and made the veins with a dark purple Prismacolor pencil. I added a small golden Rhine Stone for bling, the leaves were die cut with the retired SU "Botanical Blooms"die set. 
I used an oval SU embossing folder on both cards but I forgot the name of it at the moment.
On the second card, I used the punch to punch out 3 butterflies from a piece of watercolor paper my granddaughter Vanessa (almost 20y/o) used to test some inks for one of her amazing paintings.
I thought the colors were so beautiful and I knew I was going to use it somehow, I love the way the wings look on those awesome shades of blue. I used the same embossing folder as on the first card.

************************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my cards looks like.


The border on both insides is done with the SU "Delicate Details" stamp set, the sentiment on the left is from a Power Poppy set called DAFODILS, the sentiment on the right is from an old Flourishes set called ""With Gratitude".
Here is a little closeup of both front panels on my cards.



I'm playing along with the following challenges.



CRAFTY FRIENDS CHALLENGE #79 "For a Special Lady"

CATCH THE BUG "All Creatures Great and Small"

My Time To Craft Challenge #366 "Easter or Spring"
My Time To Craft!

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

17 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card for our challenge at Crafty Friends, xxxx

Sonny P. said...

So so pretty !! What bright and vibrant colors

Anita in France said...

What a bold and vibrant Twofer, Maria! Those pretty butterflies die cut from your granddaughter's ink test paper are just lovely, so soft and delicate! Your pansies are awesome ... brilliant detailing, dimension and depth, the centres are positively glowing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Two beautiful cards! Your butterflies are delightful and I really like the simplicity of the design, makes the butterflies really stand out. Thanks for sharing with us at the Saturday Catch the Bug Challenge.
Glenda GDT

Darnell said...

Now who's the clever one?! That pansy card made from the butterfly punch is fantastic, Maria! You did a wonderful job of shading and coloring the petals to make them look even more flower-like! WOW! And your sweet butterflies are so vibrant and unique, beautiful for a thank you card! I love them both and the insides, too!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. I got so blown away by your designs that I forgot the prompt word was "blossoms" and not "butterflies," Maria! I see that you used the same oval flower embossing folder on both cards, but the prompt element needs to be a stamp or die. I'm so sorry. I know there are so darn many rules that lots of folks are confused each month. I hope you aren't upset with yourself or me and I encourage you to enter again!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Lynn said...

Your cards are beautiful. Great embossing and the butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Natures Wonders Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two very beautiful cards. I love the pansies made with the butterfly punch. That is so clever.

Chris said...

Your butterfly card is beautiful and perfect for this weeks Saturday Challenge at Catch the Bug! The pansy card is gorgeous too...and howclever, never would have guessed you used the same punch for both!
Chris
GDT

Joanna M. said...

Both cards are lovely but that pansy card is simply stunning! Great job coloring! Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Catch The Bug Challenge Blog. Good luck!
~Jo, Bugaboo DT

Leslie Miller said...

No way! Those pansies are incredible! I've never seen anything so pretty! Surely I could do this with a butterfly die, as I don't have a punch. Wow, Maria! I absolutely love the colors, too. I see you have a very young budding artist granddaughter. The butterflies are very pretty punched from her background!

Cynthia said...

Both cards are lovely, Maria. Amazing what can be created with the same stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Catch the Bug this week!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for entering your lovely card into the challenge at Crafty Friends.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sybrina K said...

Wow! What a clever use of that punch... and such pretty cards! Well done!!!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Maria, you have definitely made the two cards look totally different. Beautiful Spring cards!
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely cards and I love the colours of the pansy's, so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping.
Avril